Harmony

 

In the series of design elements and concepts that we are learning, one of the key concepts to learn was Harmony. It is what brings the whole art together.  Harmony in art simply means when different elements of an artwork come together in a unified way. Each element appears to be a part of the whole picture.

As part of one of the assignments to understand harmony, we were supposed to create physical artwork depicting harmony. 

INSTALLATION 1


In this image, I have tried to use multiple similar elements appearing in a rhythm to showcase a heartbeat pattern. I have shown harmony through space by placing sticks at equal distance, harmony in colour, and harmony in texture by using similar kind of bamboo sticks. This installation was made by using bamboo sticks with different coloured paper rolls and stuck them all on a wall to bring about this artwork

Closer look at the assembly of the installation

INSTALLATION 2
In the next artwork, I tried to showcase human psyche as a whole and what better to depict it than the human brain itself. I created a human head with a black chart paper and used a rope to show the brain nerves to give it look of a human brain.




To showcase the inquisitive nature of mankind, I also tried to show the different kind of questions our mind asks - who, what, where, when, which




The final artwork looks something like below. It has harmony in place where each element is rightfully lending its part to the whole picture.Here i have shown harmony in texture by using similar kind of ropes, harmony in space by placing next to each other and last harmony in lines.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Minimalism