Learning at Pearl Academy - 2 month mark!

In the last one month and a half, I have been fortunate to learn a lot of basics around fashion design - from design elements, understanding the basic principles of design to tools like photoshop, where we can do a lot of advanced renderings, create art, edit images, to learning illustrations on paper, where we have learnt basic shading, line drawings, shapes, perspectives, body parts, croquis, hair, hands, legs, different style lines. All these course modules have been really helpful to me in learning the basics of design and different tools I will need in my future journey.

Fashion could be overwhelming for someone new, especially for someone from a completely different background like me from computer science engineering. But the faculty at Pearl has been really supporting all the way through. They have had complete empathy towards students with completely different backgrounds taking even the silliest of our doubts at times and bearing with all the different questions and requests all the time.

We have been going through all the grilling new learnings and assignments in last 3-4 weeks. But it has led me back on course for academics after a long 4 year break from academics or professional life, in general. All the different assignments force us to think differently, come up with new ideas, learn and implement what we are taught in the class and also think about practical use case scenarios of the all the tools and practices we are learning.

I have had fun learning till now. I know life is going to get more hectic with more advanced concepts, more assignments, more modules but I am really looking forward to more new things to learn, one step closer to being a fashion designer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Minimalism

Harmony